What is live in care, and what do live in carers do?
A live in carer can carry out a wide range of domestic tasks like preparing meals, running errands, completing household chores and administering medication. They make it possible for individuals in need of care to remain safe, clean and comfortable in their homes. We will determine these tasks and routines together during your home care assessment. They will be based around your personal requirements and what matters most to you.
- Medication support – both administering or prompting, depending on your requirements
- Personal care – assistance with washing and dressing while maintaining your dignity
- Continence care – whether it’s with pads or a catheter or stoma
- Support with mobility – hoisted transfers, altering position in bed or assistance moving safely around the home
- Companionship – carers often become more like friends and companions, sharing moments, meals and offering emotional support
Help around the home
- Housekeeping – the regular chores including tidying, cleaning, vacuuming and dusting
- Laundry – washing, drying and even ironing clothes
- Preparing and cooking meals – to your dietary needs and personal taste
- Pet care – if you have a pet, your carer will support with walks and feeding
- Running errands – such as collecting prescriptions or shopping for food
- Support getting out and about – this could be shopping, the cinema, events with family or friends or days out doing something you enjoy
- Work or university – many of our carers are more like personal assistants
- Assisted holidays – anything from a weekend in Cornwall to a tour of Australia
Why is live in care different?
The cost of live in care is very much dependent on your personal needs.
Our prices for round-the-clock support from a carer start from:
- £1,075 per week for a single person
- £1,375 per week for a couple
Please call us today for a bespoke quote and to find out how we can support you. When you call, one of our friendly advisers will give you an estimate there and then over the phone. The final price will be confirmed once your local care specialist visits you in person, as part of your free non-obligatory consultation.
0208 935 5653, or request a free callback via the contact us page.
We work towards a user-led person-centred delivery of services.
Get in Touch
Slough Tel: 01753 314 246
London Tel: 0208 935 5653
Central Working Slough,
The Future Works,
2 Brunel Way, Slough,SL1 1FQ